Bead Of Life

Saturday, July 1, 2017

Cafés in Iloilo: Cafe Diem | How to make NO BAKE Smore in a Core?

Feed your Spirit: [John 6:35]
Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life.
Whoever comes to me will never go hungry,
and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.”

Iloilo City, Philippines is the “City of Love”
It is undeniable that it continues to improve
over the years and along with these developments,
many business ventures also came about.

Have you noticed that there have been
countless coffee shops all around the city?

Cafe Diem - If you are a true coffee lover
For sure by now, you know that the name of this
coffee shop is a play on the Latin Words
"Carpe Diem" which means "Seize the day!"

Even from the vintage-like facade of the cafe
You'll see a big statement above saying 
"Seize the day with a cup or two." and tell me if you wouldn't be enticed.

The Cafe's main branch is apparently in Miag-ao, Iloilo, and truth be told,
I would not have found out about them if they haven't opened a branch here in the City.



The just celebrated their 2nd anniversary last December 2016 after they have
opened their city branch a month before that. Or so I heard.

I was not surprised to see many customers inside and despite all the laptops
set up, I still see a group of friends talking to each other instead of looking
at their gadgets.




Truly, this place is engaging. I was just craving for a taste of Ice Cream that day so I asked if their Smore in a Core is available with a side of Grilled PB & J Ala Mode. 






The Smore in a Core is a classic chocolate mug cake. Mug cakes, I'm not really a fan of. I feel like on the Ice Cream saves the day. Anyway, I was inspired to make a No-Bake Version of this. (Procedure Here)



Ingredients with Love: (NO BAKE)
[] Graham Crackers (Crushed or Whole)
[] Chocolate Melts (milk optional)
[] Marshmallows
[] Ice Cream

Procedure:
-Choose a desired container
-Layer with Graham Crackers
-Melted Chocolate
-Soft and Chewy Marshmallows

How to melt the chocolate?
-Heat up your 1/2 cup milk and pour it over
1/2 cup chopped chocolates
-Stir this mixture if chocolates have softened
-If not, put over low heat and stir until fully dissolved

If your using Chocolate Melts
-Slice into small pieces and put over low heat
while continuing to stir to avoid chocolate burns
-or microwave

How to soften marshmallows?
-Place in a heat proof container (with a generous brushing of oil)
If there is one thing I learned about mallows is that they are so
sticky to the core.
-Put over low heat or in the oven, mix well


 I had so much fun making this one and honestly, it is so easy and tastes so good too.


ENJOY!







No comments:

Post a Comment