Bead Of Life

Friday, October 31, 2014

You are what you eat... (I am an Almond Joy Pretzel)

FUN FACT ABOUT ME #2: My favorite color is Blue.
I guess that is one way to explain Sage Blue.

   Filipinos are currently celebrating Halloween and All Saints' Day with all these Halloween parties going on, several children in the block with their costumes on and florist displaying all their lovely bouquets of different varieties of flowers.

"It's beautiful!"

   Of course, my family went out to town to pick some lovely flowers and yes it's quite exhausting to choose the best among the rest and not to mention being price wise as we journey to the west side of the park we get ascending prices and as we reach the far east it begins to descend.

West Park (scenario)

  Me: "Miss, how much for these yellow chrysanthemums?"
  Florist: "That would be P 200 a dozen, ma`am."

East Park (scenario)

 Me: "Miss, how much for these yellow chrysanthemums?"
 Florist: "That would be P 120 a dozen, ma`am but I can give it to you for a hundred."

"See what I mean?"

   Anyway, after we had carefully bought our desired flowers we went on to enjoy a treat in one of the new local chilling spots here as some of you may be familiar with their product:


Top Pretzel: Almond Joy, Left: Strawberry Delight, Right: Choco Crunch
I am an Almond Joy: which for me defines a native of Asia, simple,  and I guess the joy speaks for itself. ü



Left to Right: a mix of lychee and green apple, plain chocolate

   These actually remind me of my home-made Cinnamon Pretzels which I mistakenly put in the salt directly with my yeast mixture and oddly ended up with quite a normal pretzel despite of the dough not rising. Nevertheless, lesson learned with that one and that's what I'm here for (to learn) so next time maybe you can extend your expectations a bit as I recreate a new pretzel to add to my Filipina creations.

  "Fingers crossed!"

Colossians 3:15 (NIV)

Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.


Filipina Indulgence is basically inspired by various cooking channels you can find here on YouTube. This one is just... as the name goes "Something Filipino". 

COMING SOON


No comments:

Post a Comment